In order to facilitate the successful achievement of its mandate, MIFOTRA is framed with an organisational structure comprising six administrative units/departments including:
- Ensure that activities of the Ministry are carried out in accordance with the Law before any related decision;
- Draft and review contracts as well as providing legal advice during their execution;
- Provide legal opinion on enforcement of the law on staff related decisions and any other administrative decisions as well as on any other legal issues;
- Prepare legal instruments (laws, Orders and regulations) as well as their interpretation;
- Review and advise on issues related to procurement process;
- Follow up and advise on the ratification process of international treaties and agreements to which Rwanda is a part.
- Conduct legal research in relevant areas for ensuring the development of national laws related to human resources management.
Attribution of Planning Unit
Prepare sector policies, strategies and plans:
Coordinate the budget preparation
Monitor and evaluate
Establish institutional relationship with Local Government
Coordinate the elaboration of the annual reports
Consolidate the annual rapports on budget execution and performance reports
Attribution of PSMPM Unit
Unit of Public Service Modernization & Performance Management is specifically responsible for activities linked to the administrative reform, to the institutional and human resources capacity development.
Attributions of PSM Unit
- Coordinate the implementation inside the public institution of the national and programs related to Public Management.
- Coordinate the activities of the experts in charge of HRM of the organization structures and jobs of the public institutions.
- Evaluate the implementation and impact of the new HRM procedures in the State institutions at central and decentralized levels
- Coordinate, control and oriente the activities of the pol of experts under supervision
- Mobilize necessary partners and ressources for conducting and developing the programs in charge.
Attributions of LA Unit
- Labour Administration
- Improve Conducive working conditions
- Empower Labour Inspectors
- Promote social dialogue
Attributions of the LREP Unit
- Employment promotion
- Increase Youth employment creation
- Promote women employment creation
- Increase Employment Creation for people with disability
Attributions of the Unit
- To ensure the human, material and financial resources management of the ministry;
- To work out the budget of the ministry in collaboration with the Unit having Planning in its attributions with the Ministry;
- To carry out the budget of the Ministry;
- To ensure proper office supplies and other materials in the Ministry;
- To ensure a connection with the Ministry having finances in its attributions as well as the other financial institutions.